- Mentioned candidate for governor Andrew Gillum, a black man would “monkey- up” Florida
- He known as New York candidate Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who’s a Puerto Rican lady, “no matter she is.”
- He defended a supporter who mentioned “deliver again the hanging tree.”
- He attended a Muslim- bashing occasion with Steve Bannon
- He was the moderator of a Fb group that was a haven for racist memes
- He proudly related himself with Sebastian Gorka, who has ties to a Hungarian far-right group that collaborated with the Nazis.
- His profession relies on immigrant-bashing, supporting Trump’s insane feedback about immigrants, and ratcheting up deportations.
- He’s supported by Neo- Nazi teams and doesn’t denounce them
- He erroneously calls the educating of black historical past “essential race principle” to justify banning books and programs from faculty curriculum
DeSantis shouldn’t be the person to steer the America of 2023. His insurance policies search to limit the rights of non- white, non- Christian, non- heterosexual People. He fuels white worry, anti-Semitism, mysogyny, homophobia in his base. He’s a culture-war advocate utilizing rhetoric that divides People and encourages violence. His abhorrent ideology consists of:
- Signed the “Don’t Say Homosexual or Trans” Regulation which targets LGBTQ+ youth and educators throughout the state by stopping them from having and offering a secure, inclusive classroom. It would block lecturers from speaking about LGBTQ+ points or individuals, additional stigmatizing LGBTQ+ individuals and isolating LGBTQ+ children. (Human Rights Marketing campaign, June 2022).
- Accepted the ” Cease Woke Act” which “limits protected speech in workplaces with greater than fifteen workers and school rooms by censoring sincere dialogue about systemic racism, gender, and race discrimination. It additionally adjustments Florida’s employment discrimination statutes to offer workers the power to file discrimination claims in opposition to an employer partaking in trainings or discussions about Black historical past, LGBTQ+ points, and different ideas of injustice and discrimination”. ( Human Rights Marketing campaign, June 2022).
- Supported election-denying, racist, misogynist candidates JD Vance of Ohio and Doug Mastriano
- “Stripped Disney of the power to control itself in retaliation for the corporate’s opposition to the crackdown on LGBTQ+ conversations with schoolchildren”. (Guardian, Aug. 31, 2022 Robert Reich).
- Taking excessive measures to regulate how faculties and universities perform
- Seeks Trump-like revenge on those that oppose his ideology
- Helps abortion bans with no exceptions
Journalist Richard Reich of the Guardian has used the time period “fascism” when referreing to DeSantis. Reich writes, “Fascism additionally consists of hatred of “them” (individuals thought of totally different by race or faith, or outdoors the mainstream, or who have been born overseas), management over what individuals be taught and what books they’re allowed to learn, management over what had been unbiased authorities models (faculty boards, medical boards, universities and so forth), management over ladies and probably the most intimate and tough selections they’ll ever make, and calls for that the non-public sector help the regime.” Republicans have attacked Reich for referencing fascism when describing DeSantis. Nonetheless, the time period appears to suit.
Regardless of DeSantis’s fixed ranting about loving democracy, he persistently assaults the person, constitutionally-protected rights of each American who doesn’t agree together with his regime’s ideology. Does that sound frighteningly acquainted?