The MoveOn Community’s Powerful Impact in a Historic Midterm Result
#MoveOn #Communitys #Highly effective #Impression #Historic #Midterm #End result
MoveOn members, we did it! Collectively, thousands and thousands of members mobilized voters in large numbers, prevented a crimson wave, held the Senate, helped win crucial governor and secretary of state races, and helped defend progressive champions within the Home. Our actions contributed to probably the most profitable midterm election for the get together in energy in a long time—bucking historical past, defeating many hardcore MAGA extremists, and defending democracy.
Many components performed into this election’s outcomes—and you’ll be proud that you simply had been a part of a group that contributed in impactful methods the place it mattered most. Early evaluation exhibits our technique focused the appropriate set of voters with a resonant array of messages. Briefly, the oldsters who helped result in Democrats’ electoral success had been a number of the very individuals our program centered on and had been motivated by the problems we centered.
Which means each name, textual content, focused digital advert, and call with voters contributed to a number of razor-thin victories that had been decisive this election.
Right here’s a few of what we achieved collectively:
- We ran the most important relational organizing program within the nation and particularly recruited MoveOn members to mobilize 240,000 individuals they knew personally to vote in probably the most crucial states.
- Grassroots MoveOn donors gave $1.5 million immediately for Senate, Home, gubernatorial, and secretary of state candidates—a few of whom beat the most important election deniers within the nation.
- MoveOn supporters gave our information scientists, researchers, and organizers the sources to determine and goal and attain 4.3 million “surge voters”—first-time voters in 2018 and 2020 who might agree with progressive causes however had been much less more likely to vote in 2022.
- We held 9 rallies in battleground states with Sen. Bernie Sanders, NextGen America and Working Households Get together to mobilize and prove youth voters in swing states.
- Via adverts, social media, emails, texts, and MoveOn members’ advocacy, we pushed the problems of abortion rights and democracy safety entrance and heart.
Check out a number of the numbers behind our collective influence:
Thanks for all you probably did. From making a grassroots donation to spending a couple of hours calling MoveOn members in swing districts, sharing hard-hitting content material on-line, becoming a member of our weekly Rallies for Democracy, taking part within the endorsement votes for the 85 candidates MoveOn members endorsed up and down the poll—every of those actions, and so many extra, contributed to MoveOn’s influence on these historic, consequential, and highly effective midterm election outcomes.
We didn’t win each race, and a GOP-led Home of Representatives shall be a hotbed of MAGA conspiracy theorists and assaults on our freedoms. However we helped create a extra favorable political panorama for the subsequent two years, despatched a transparent nationwide message of rejection to MAGA’s extremism, and constructed momentum round points that matter deeply—and we’ll hold organizing round them within the weeks, months, and years to return.
Right here’s what our most rapid work forward consists of:
- Going all-in to reelect Senator Raphael Warnock in Georgia—hundreds joined our Nov. 15 livestream (watch the recording here) to kick off this system and started to join phonebanking and vote tripling shifts to succeed in Georgia voters. You can sign up for phonebanking and vote tripling here.
- A whole bunch of hundreds of MoveOn members took collective motion in response to Trump’s introduced candidacy for president in 2024—ordering “Make Trump Lose Again” stickers to show visible opposition to Trump, signing petitions to name on networks to cease giving him free airtime and on officers to carry him accountable for his function within the rebellion, and donating now to defeat Trump … once more.
MoveOn members pulled collectively for our largest midterm election program in our 24-year historical past. The stakes had been simply that top—and our vitality, engagement, and influence matched the second.
Thanks for being a part of this vibrant group that works for an America for all. Thanks for the way you participated up by way of Election Day—and your continued partnership as we advance collectively a world of justice, sustainability, equality, and love.